“Stars Over Sisters” Challenge sponsored
Check out the quilt I just finished for the Quilted In Honor “Stars Over Sisters” challenge!
Entry information following the block turtuioial.
I updated one of our patterns by making one change and surprise…a whole new quilt. You can make the same quilt with this little update. If you already own the “Phoebe” quilt pattern just follow these easy steps. Or you may purchase “Phoebe” with the update included.
60" x 60"
Replace step #1 & #2 in the Phoebe pattern with the Sawtooth Star blocks. You will need 8 blocks to complete the quilt. Directions are for one block:
Star Background - White
4 – 2 ½” x 2 ½” squares (8 blocks 32 squares)
4 – 2 ½” x 4 ½” rectangles (8 blocks 32 rectangles)
Star – Blue
8 – 2 ½” x 2 ½” squares (8 blocks 64 squares)
1 – 4 ½” x 4 ½” square (8 blocks 8 squares)
Lay a 2 ½” x 2 ½” blue square right sides together on the left side of a 2 ½” x 4 ½” white rectangle.
Sew diagonally from the upper left corner to the bottom right corner of the blue square.
Trim away the excess fabric leaving a ¼” seam allowance. Press.
Repeat on the other side of the 2 ½” x 4 ½” white rectangle. This time sew from the upper left corner down to the lower left corner. Trim and press. Make 4 of these.
Lay out the star block. Sew the rows together first and then sew row #1 to #2 and then #3. Press
Block will measure 8 ½” x 8 ½”
I made all my stars the same blue but mixed up the white backgrounds.
My Tula100 quilt is at the quilters getting quilted. Next month We’ll post the completed quilt!
Happy Quilting! Jackie
“Stars Over Sisters” Challenge sponsored by
PRIZES: First Prize $200 Second Prize $100 Third Prize $50
Sisters Outdoor Quilt Show Viewers Choice: $100
These rules apply to the 2014 Sisters Outdoor Quilt Show Quilted In Honor “Stars Over Sisters” Challenge:
- Quilts must be at least 36”x 36” and no larger than 80” x 80”
- 60% of the fabric on the top of the quilt must be from Island Batik’s Quilted In Honor Collection, available from The Stitchin Post. Shop in store or online.
- You can help support the additional Challenge Sponsors by using these products: Aurifil thread, Pellon batting, OESD embroidery designs, Giving Quilt Pattern by Carol Doak & Sharon Pederson at PatternSpot.com.
- There is no limit to the number of entries per person.
- QUILT REGISTRATION: Go to www.SistersOutdoorQuiltShow, Click on the QUILT ENTRY tab and follow the instructions for E-Registration. An original registration form is required for each quilt. This form will serve as a Quilt Show Tag and bust be completed entirely. The “Quilt Story” section of the registration form is for interesting information about your quit and is limited to 200 words.
- A label must be attached to the back of the quilt with the following info: Title of quilt, name and address of maker, size of quilt.
- Quilts will be judged by a committee of three people on design, use of color, construction, and interpretation of the theme, “Stars Over Sisters.”
- All accepted quilts will be eligible for prizes, which will be awarded on July 12 at the Sisters Outdoor Quilt Show.
- Finished Quilts must arrive at The Stitchin Post by May 31, 2014. No Exceptions!
PLEASE NOTE: You may designate to donate your entered quilt to Operation Homefront, to benefit Central Oregon service men and women and their families.